Update on the site

I said it would take me three days and it looks like it’s going to be three months. I’m so sorry. I just don’t have that much time and the domain transfer has not gone as well as expected. I am working on putting everything up again.

I decided to switch to a wordpress based site because it would simplify updating and adding more information. But the setting up is not being easy, mostly due to a database conflict between this system and the coppermine gallery – and my own ineptitude.

The bad news on the gallery are that although I saved every picture posted, I did lose all the data – no comments, no hits counter and no user galleries. That was partly due to my host killing me with errors and my own stupidity at moving the database tables around. *Sighs* The images are still there but they all appear as if they were mine. So far, I put them in albums with the original uploader’s name, but only those I could really identify. You have been so generous that I have lots of images I don’t know where they came from! I’m trying to figure out a way to change that without making you all upload them again cause I know how boring that can get.

So many things to fix…

Anyway, just felt like sharing what’s going on in case you wondered if I had forgotten about ot or something. Not in a million years! (Although that seems to be the time it will take to have it all back and running smoothly, it seems)

Thanks for understanding,
Basilea.

Deja un comentario

Tu dirección de correo electrónico no será publicada. Los campos obligatorios están marcados con *

A %d blogueros les gusta esto: