Update on the site

I said it would take me three days and it looks like it’s going to be three months. I’m so sorry. I just don’t have that much time and the domain transfer has not gone as well as expected. I am working on putting everything up again.

I decided to switch to a wordpress based site because it would simplify updating and adding more information. But the setting up is not being easy, mostly due to a database conflict between this system and the coppermine gallery – and my own ineptitude.

The bad news on the gallery are that although I saved every picture posted, I did lose all the data – no comments, no hits counter and no user galleries. That was partly due to my host killing me with errors and my own stupidity at moving the database tables around. *Sighs* The images are still there but they all appear as if they were mine. So far, I put them in albums with the original uploader’s name, but only those I could really identify. You have been so generous that I have lots of images I don’t know where they came from! I’m trying to figure out a way to change that without making you all upload them again cause I know how boring that can get.

So many things to fix…

Anyway, just felt like sharing what’s going on in case you wondered if I had forgotten about ot or something. Not in a million years! (Although that seems to be the time it will take to have it all back and running smoothly, it seems)

Thanks for understanding,
Basilea.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *